Saturday, January 24, 2009

Last Weekend's Projects

Last weekend was a 3 day weekend for me because I got MLK Day off. I used the time to get some cards made and put them up in the shop.

This first one has a photo of two sweet little girls. I found this photo at a flea market in Hell's Kitchen, New York. I spent over an hour sifting through photos in old suit cases in the HOT sun. I sure smelled good for the plane ride home!! It was worth it because I found some real gems. I really wish I would have just offered the man an amount for ALL of the photos that he had. I don't know how much I would have offered him, but he had some really good ones. I think some were very historic because they were from when the troops were in Europe during WWII.



I have done this card before with different paper. I'm still not satisfied with it, but I do like the paper better. I might have to rethink the whole design.



This card came about because someone asked me to make some gender neutral thank you cards. I don't know if this is what she was looking for or not. I think it will work for both genders. What do you think?



This is also a remake. I like this card a lot better than the first one! I think it's because this one has patterned paper as a background. The flowers are also a lot more 3 dimensional.



When I was at Michael's a couple of weeks ago I picked up these yellow coasters and I knew I had to do something with them! This is what I came up with. I like the depth that they give the card.


These tags started out to just be from scraps from the above card, but it turned out that I needed to use more than the scraps. Oh well, it was worth using a bit more paper.


I also found this photo in NY. I love this little guy. Doesn't it look like he's hanging from a clothes line? He actually has his feet on the ground, but I thought "Hang In There" would be a good theme for the card.

1 comment:

  1. Love the birthday card and the tags! So pretty and colorful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete