Thursday, February 21, 2008

Busy Week

It has been over a week since I've posted! Wow, time goes by fast.

On Saturday I had friends over and we ate and crafted. I think more talking and eating went on than actual crafting, but that's what normally happens at these events. It was fun to hang out with friends.

I had Monday off for President's Day and I ended up finally meeting with my friend Lisa! She was so generous to offer to show me the ropes of selling some of my creations. She even brought me some awesome gifts! A headband (almost like this one...go buy one from her!!) and some super cute magnets that she made and also this book. I've read a lot of it already. It has lots of good advice. The thing that freaks me out the most is the tax stuff. I need to just sit down and do it and remember to keep all of my receipts and I'll be fine. The main obstacle now is coming up with a name. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Here are some specifications I have: (I know, I'm really picky!)

  • I would kind of like it to be old or vintage sounding because a lot of the things I make tend to look that way.

  • It would be nice if it somehow had meaning. I was going to name it "Harriet and Lucy" because those are the two great grandmas that I remember, but those names might be in the mix for any future children we may have and I don't want my store to have my kid's names.

  • I don't want it to encompass any certain craft or material. For example nothing like "Becca's cards" or "Paper Palace." If I ever decide to branch out to another medium I want to be prepared. Not that I'm ever going to make it big-time, I just want to be prepared! If I name it "Matt's Metalworks" I don't think I would be able to market my new line of patchwork pillows very well.
I've been thinking of a lot of names and I think after this weekend I will have it all nailed down...unless someone comes up with a better, more unique one!

The other day I borrowed my mom's bread machine and baked some bread. I had the bread machine do all of the work and then I put it into the oven. While it was cooking it smelled soooooo good. It was awesome when we ate it right out of the oven, but after it got cold the texture wasn't very good. I don't think it raised (rose??) enough in the bread machine. I think I'm going to try it again sometime and use some of the allrecipe tips on not using the machine at all.

Here is the original recipe I used:

Jo's Rosemary Bread

INGREDIENTS
1 cup water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon dried rosemary
2 1/2 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

DIRECTIONS
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select white bread cycle; press Start.

That's all I have for tonight. If I don't post before the weekend, I hope everyone has a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment